The origins of hypnosis are as ancient as that of sorcery, magic, and medicine. Indeed, hypnosis has been used as a method in all three. Evidence of hypnosis is seen in many of the ancient cultures, including the Egyptian, Greek, Roman, Persian, Chinese, Indian and Sumerian, who all used hypnosis in some form as therapy. In ancient Egypt and Greece, the sick often went to healing places known as ‘sleep temples’ or ‘dream temples’ to be cured by hypnosis.
If you have you ever meditated or day dreamed, then you have already experienced a state of mind that is very close to hypnosis. It is an extremely relaxing trance-like state of awareness. That feeling of being between awake and asleep will give you a very good idea of how hypnosis feels.
This form of therapy is considered alternative or complementary medicine with the purpose of utilising your mind to help reduce or alleviate a variety of issues. The aim of hypnotherapy is to create a desired, lasting positive change in you.
Your Hypnotherapy session:
Hypnotherapy is a collaborative partnership based on full co-operation between the therapist and client to achieve your desired changes and outcomes.
During your session you will feel mentally and physically calm, with a relaxed awareness of everything that is happening. Immediately after your session you will feel relaxed and positive, and start to become aware of a growing confidence and calmness in the days to come.
Most people see results in a few sessions, with most clients seeing solid change towards their goals in between 2-6 sessions. Some clients achieve their desired results after just 1 session, it all depends on the individual and issue/s being worked on.
Work with Belinda
- You are always in control of the session, and can come out of hypnosis at any time, if you need or want to.
- You cannot be made to say, do or reveal anything against your will.
- You allow yourself to go into hypnosis, to the level that you are comfortable with.
- You are aware, and able to recall, what is said and done in the session, just as you would from an ordinary conversation
- Sessions are done in person or distance (online)